Author Topic: Haiti VS St Maarten  (Read 197 times)

truehaitian

• View Profile
Haiti VS St Maarten
« on: September 04, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
Letís get it started! Guys I havenít heard from you in awhile. Iím really excited about this new league of Caribbean nations. I love the format but the only disappointment in this new format, C and D team will have a tough time moving up the ladder. As always, post radio, TV links, predictions and team & players info. My prediction 6-0 win for Haiti

truehaitian

• View Profile
Re: Haiti VS St Maarten
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »
League of Nation results
   10.09. 20:00   Curacao   Grenada   10 : 0   
   10.09. 18:30   Haiti   Sint Maarten   13 : 0   
   09.09. 20:00   Jamaica   Cayman Islands   4 : 0   
   09.09. 20:00   Saint Kitts and Nevis   Puerto Rico   1 : 0   
   09.09. 18:00   Aruba   Bermuda   3 : 1   
   09.09. 16:00   Bonaire   Dominican Republic   0 : 5   
   09.09. 16:00   United States Virgin Islands   Canada   0 : 8   
   08.09. 19:00   Montserrat   El Salvador   1 : 2   
   08.09. 16:30   Cuba   Turks and Caicos Islands   11 : 0   
   08.09. 15:00   Saint Vincent and the Grenadines   Nicaragua   0 : 2

Top 6 teams so far shooting for  "A" spot with the big boys

Haiti 3 pts + 13 goals
Cuba 3 pts + 11 goals
Curacao 3 pts + 10 goals
Canada 3 Pts + 8 goals
French Guiana 3 PTs 5 goals
Dominican Republic 3pts + 5 goals
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:57:21 AM by truehaitian »

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 06:31:43 PM »
The sint Maarten team are most from the domestic league. They are not professional players. Some of them are us college players. I don't expect a good game from them.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 08:24:11 PM »
Haiti 13 St Maarten 0
This was a Modern day massacre as Haiti set a record for the most goals scored in a game since 1904..breaking the old record from 2001 a 12-1 win against US Virgin Island.. Nazon now leading the nation league with 5 goals
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:57:26 AM by truehaitian »

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 11:42:00 AM »
I'm looking forward seeing This Haitian team against tougher opponents: Cuba, Nicaragua. I also wish Nazon to find a good partner in the front. Frandzy pierrot I hope he will be this partner.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 11:41:38 AM »
@ Goul.,.,Off topic question: whatever happen  to the guys like Haitifoot, toupouyo etc...and other guys who used to post here ? Do you know? .,This is Tini_man posting under truehaitian. The system wouldnít approve me access to the page under Ti_man.

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 03:39:05 PM »
I don't know about haitifoot. May be he is very busy. But touppouyo keep posting in haitisports. They are several posting over there.

@haitifoot was tired of posting about new players who finally retracted to play for Haiti. When sakapfet forum stopped, it could be a good door for him to escape. Lol lol. I say that to force him getting back.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
Im still wondering what happened to all these other guys who used to post here. You mentioned Haitisports. Correct me if I'm wrong, the site Haitisports.com no longer exists. I'm wondering whether these guys are active on other sites that we do not know about.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:25:25 PM by truehaitian »

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 08:36:20 AM »
Yes Haitisports stopped. But this website has gone and forth all the time. The problem is the fact that sakapfet desappeared too long. These guys finally lose patience found other hobbies and abandoned. It was really a shame what happened to sakapfet. In the same time I remembered the call for help made by the administrators to keep the website alive. I hope it last long this time.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 08:59:30 AM »
Hopefully as the nation league progress and Haiti is doing well, these guys will comeback because it was fun to read everyone's opinion about Haitian soccer here..

I agree with you that we still can't evaluate this team until they play Nicaragua and Cuba. This St maarten team had 6 teenagers as their starting players and everyone else on the bench was also teenagers. The first goalie was Haitian by the way. 
Even the St Lucia team we about to play has 6 u-20 players in that team who played our u-20 last year and got beaten badly 5-1 by our u-20. This is pobably what you're going to see on October 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0SdYI4dxo

Most of their players are from this team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BKz43HlADY
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:03:36 AM by truehaitian »

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 08:37:12 AM »
That is exactly what Haitian fans hate. Grenadiers humiliate all weak team the like of sainte Lucie, bermude, Grenada, Trinidad, Cuba etc. But when starting to face Costa Rica, Honduras, USA, Mexico, the team play like amateur. Old grenadiers fans are now cautious. I think it s one of the reasons why many of them are hiding now. They're not sure the team will go far.

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 08:43:06 AM »
Did you know? Jeff announces his retirement cause of knees injuries. Our squad of good players diminishes. I know you like Herole ch but could you count upon him to match against Costa Rica, Panama, I don't think so.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 10:32:02 AM »
I am surprised by the way you're throwing  T&T and Cuba in the mix of weak teams. T&T has a professional league at home  by FIFA standards, we dont't . It's true that we've been beaten them lately but along with Jamaica , they're still our toughest customers in the Caribbean.

This might surprise you but the team that scared me the most in the CFU is not Jamaica, Cuba, Martique  but Curacao. I watch the entire game that they demolished Grenada 10-0, it's not the score that impressed me it's how they played. They played like a European team  with tremendous composure in front of  the square box. Unlike CFU teams who love to take shots behind the square box,  they penetrate and create plays with extreme confidence. From what Im looking at right now, Im picking Curacao to finish atop of the table not Haiti because they have an easier route playing weaker teams. They can easily score double digits goals against US Virgin Island in the next game and not to mention that they are the defending Caribbean champion. Most people forgot they beat Jamaica to win the CFU last time out.

I really feel  that  CH is ready to replace Jeff. Observe that Collat did start CH over him in that game. He's following his doctor's advise by the way. That's a personal decision. He's being forced into retirement. Regarding CH, This is a player who never had a bad game for the NT. Always stood out against the toughest competitions(Honduras, Jamaica , T&T and US)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:12:07 PM by truehaitian »

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 06:02:36 PM »
By the way, what do you think of the new concacaf format for the u-20 world cup qualifier? I Love the  new format. In the old format, you had to qualify out of the the caribbean and out of the concacaf final in order to earn a spot in the world cup. In the new format, you will qualify directly out the concacaf. This type of format gives caribbean teams an opportunity to face teams like Mexico, US, Panama, Honduras or Costa Rica right from the get go..just like CNL.. I wonder how the world cup qualifiers will change for 2022.

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 07:33:38 PM »
This format is very good. From the beginning you can anticipate if you are going to have your spot in the world cup. The opponents you use to meet after several qualifications stage you meet it from the get go. That s good. Every team has the same apportunity to get qualified.

Herol can not face with success the strength, brutality and speed of Jamaican, USA defenders. But at the same time he distributes the ball better than Jeff. He needs to be stronger. How will he reach that? I'm not optimistic.

This generation of grenadier is far more talent than the Trinidadian and Cuban. The Jamaicans are only more athletic. If grenadiers succeed to win athletic battle against the Jamaican, Haiti is King of carribean soccer.