Author Topic: Haiti VS St Lucia  (Read 1130 times)

truehaitian

• View Profile
Haiti VS St Lucia
« on: September 24, 2018, 10:55:33 AM »
I know most of you don't really care about playing St Lucia. But  this game is just as important as playing Nicaragua or Cuba because goals really matter in this tournament format.  There could be a whole bunch of teams winning their 4 games or 3 out of 4 games and in most cases, it will come down to goal scored.

Off topic analysis on the nation league format. I have read and been asked  the same question over and over from other Caribbean soccer thread. What's next for Haiti if they win all of their games and make it to the Gold cup. Well the good news is they do not have to win all of their games to make it into the gold cup. They just need to finish in the top 10 teams from the remaining 34 teams. What will happen next is as followed:

If Haiti finish in the top 6, they will join US, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Panama, T&T in league A which will be made up of 12 teams.

League A will then be split into four divisions of three teams each, with the teams playing home and away against each other starting in September 2019. The winners of each group will advance to a four-team championship knockout event in March 2020 to determine a Concacaf champion, while those who finish last will be relegated to League B for 2021-22.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:57:11 AM by truehaitian »

truehaitian

• View Profile
Re: Haiti VS St Lucia
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 03:01:05 PM »
Update on national team: Haiti will face St Lucia on Tuesday, October 16 in Martinique. Game was moved from St Lucia to Martinique due to a world cup cricket game that was scheduled to take place the same day. Cricket took priority since it's the dominating sport in the country. In preparation for the game, Haiti played two D1 team on the same day in the same game beating the first one (Colonial) 5-0 in the first half and beating Golden Star 1-0 in the second half.

Previously called but Not available for this game: Donald Guerrier, Kevin La France, ,Woodensky Cherenfant, Andrew Jean-Baptiste
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:38:33 PM by truehaitian »

kleber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 10:29:21 PM »
Any one care to post a suggested line up for this game!!!.

I think that we should approach this game the same way we did the previous one.

My line up would be this..
Placide
Arcus, Jems, Ade. Meschap, Alex Jr
HeroldJr, Mustivar, Etienne
Pierrot, Nazon

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 09:15:07 AM »
I would have the same line up except two changes, I would switch Etienne and Pierrot, Etienne has been looking better in practice scoring better than Pierrot. I would switch Heriveaux with Mustivar as well. I would go with the hot hands..

Off topics and concerning the nation league. The most improved and the teams that I most impressed with are DR, Curacao and Montserrat.

DR team is a really good team and Im looking forward to see them against Cuba in November. Their last 6 game results:

12.10. 20:00   CNL   Dominican Republic   Cayman Islands   3 : 0      
   09.09. 16:00   CNL   Bonaire   Dominican Republic   0 : 5      
   25.03. 17:00   FI   Dominican Republic    Saint Kitts and Nevis    2 : 1      
   22.03. 19:00   FI   Dominican Republic   Turks and Caicos Islands   4 : 0      
   11.11.2017   FI   Dominican Republic   Nicaragua   1 : 0      
   08.11.2017   FI   Nicaragua   Dominican Republic   0 : 3   
* beat Nicaragua at home and away..

Monserrat who used to collect double digits goals against random Caribbean nations almost took care of Salvador and just beat Belize, a decent team at home 1-0

Watching Curacao as of late, they are the more organized  teams in this tournament playing at a higher level than the rest of the CNL teams
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:12:07 AM by truehaitian »

kleber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 12:25:15 PM »
The DR had been playing good football for awhile now. They have this good domestic league at home now, it will bring result as there players will harness there skills and that will definitely show well to develop there local players. they have more discipline and more money than we do.

Curacoa with the Dutch connection is more a threat though then the DR in my opinion beside the fact that they have more football history and culture as well.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 07:46:20 PM »
Sometimes the dutch connection will come out and  play with if  you have something in the making like Curacao does. Believe it or not 4 other teams have Dutch connection who do not come to their soccer rescue and the Ducth are more interested of feeding them instead of helping them to play soccer, St Maarten, we just demolished, Aruba, Bonaire, and Surinam are Dutch highland.

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 11:23:19 AM »
Nazon is injured. He won't play today. You are going to make change in your line up.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 12:25:12 PM »
DAMN it ! I really want to see his guy in action today to increase his scoring lead. WOW! No Nazon and no Donald Guerrier no Jeff Luis upfront, our CNL lead might  vanished today. We need to win by 3 goals in order to maintain CNL lead and I don't see it happening today with this line up

Goul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 03:12:28 PM »
I m optimistic. Pierrot and Derrick will do the job. It is a good opportunity offered to those guys to prove that they can replace Nazon in case of absence.

kleber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 11:20:03 PM »
Pierrot was useless in this game. He is like a woman and cant finish at point blank range but we escaped with the win.
we win 4 to 1 if Nazon played.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 11:34:14 PM »
Curacao bumps Haiti for the first spot, Haiti is now in second place. Not an impressive win for Haiti (2-1).

Game observation and analysis:
Placide should really have touched that ball for a corner kick. Overall he played well but shouldn't allowed that one in.
I don't know how that guy Pierrot missed two clear  goals 5 feet away from the goal line. Nazon wouldn't have missed these opportunities
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:36:39 PM by truehaitian »

kleber

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 12:03:04 AM »
I'm not too much concern that he let that goal in"placide", this is one of them goals that usually fool goal keepers. He didn't have our best team out there tonight Perrot was such a disappointment I dont understand him. he needs a lot of work. improvement with heading the ball is a good start if you consider his size.

Very bad condition tonight is another thing to take into account for this bad showing. The pitch was wet, the ball did not travel well and it rained throughout out the first half.

truehaitian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »
Statistics for CNL day II as reported by Concacaf.com:

Haiti remains the most lethal of teams in attack

Haiti remains the most lethal of teams in attack. Les Grenadiers boast the tournamentís leading scorer, Duckens Nazon, who didnít even play in week two due to injury but remains the top scorer with five goals.

Haiti is tied with Curacao for most goals (15) and leads CNLQ in shots (74), shots on goals (29) and is tied with Jamaica in shots off the post (3).