Sakapfet.com Forum > Sports

CONCACAF U17 Championship

(1/5) > >>

Jfoot23:

Jfoot23:
The 2019 edition of the Under-17 Championship, to be hosted at the IMG Academy campus in Bradenton, Florida, will be disputed in three rounds. The first-round qualifiers will take place March 16-24 (Groups A and C) and April 1-9 (Groups B and D), while the Final Championship (Groups E, F, G, H and knockout stage) will take place May 1-16. 

The event, which sorted the 35 participating teams into eight groups, was conducted by Concacaf Head of National Team Competitions Carlos Fernandez.

The groups for the 2019 Concacaf Under-17 Championship Qualification Stage are as follows

After round-robin play, the top finisher in each group will advance directly to the knockout stage of the competition. The complete schedule of matches the Qualification Stage can be found here.

The groups for the 2019 Concacaf Under-17 Championship Group Stage are as follows:

After round-robin play, the top three finishers in each of the groups will qualify for the knockout stage, joining the four group winners of the Qualification Stage in the Round of 16. The knockout stage of the competition will be played in its entirety in a single match elimination format, with the semifinalists automatically qualifying for the FIFA U-17 World Cup Peru.

https://www.concacaf.com/en/under-17-men/article/draw-reveals-groups-for-the-2019-concacaf-under-17-championship?fbclid=IwAR0gTCjBMRuIm48N8UDmjsP_0iGJYrv7DX4ZlYOE2LcX8MbtVTLu1ZdKTxo

truehaitian:
@JFOOT23
I still don't understand how the final CONCACAF round will be put together from this format..

Correct me if Im wrong, the top finishers from group A, B, C, D  will face the top finishers from GROUP E,F,G,H in the knockout round and the 4 winners will advance to the world cup. Will the second place finishers from group E through H have a chance ?

truehaitian:
Got my answers. Thanks any way:

The Final Championship will begin with a group stage, in which the top-ranked 16 participating teams, based on the Concacaf Menís Under-17 Ranking as of May 2017, will be divided into four groups. After round-robin play, the top three finishers in each of the groups(E through H)  will join the winners of Groups A, B, C and D from the qualifiers in the round of 16.

The knockout stage of the competition - round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and final - will be played in its entirety in a single match elimination format, with the semifinalists automatically qualifying for the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup Peru.  Since the top 3 teams will be selected from each group, I don't see why wouldn't Haiti be of the top three finishers in its group given the fact that we're not sharing group with Mexico, US or Costa Rica

I

truehaitian:
According to haititempo.com , the u-17 will be in Romania to take part in a 4-nation tournament , Russia, Romania, Haiti and Cyprus to get ready for the upcoming world cup qualifiers in Florida

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version